[Alpines] FW: New Head Bolts

To: Alpines <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Alpines] FW: New Head Bolts
From: Brent Edinger <banana111@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2013 11:51:26 -0700
From: banana111@msn.com
To: jacranwell@aol.com
Subject: RE: [Alpines] New Head Bolts
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2013 19:47:01 -0700

I couldn't find any old spare bolts around. (though I know I would never
throw anything out that could still be used some day)
The stock head bolts have a 3.25" length shank. If you go  to the back of the
ARP catalog
page 89 has 7/16-14  bolts in chromoly. ARP can provide the torque application
numbers.
You should back out a head bolt and check how much thread is engaged into the
block by
measuring how high it sits when it is all the way loose. Then you can
determine if you need a longer shank bolt.
You will have to ream the holes up in the gasket and I think I had to open up
a couple
holes in the head as well so it would align properly. It's not too tough of a
job and when it's
done there should be no more head gasket problems.

        Brent