Re: [Alpines] bill atalla

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Alpines] bill atalla
From: Mototron <mototron@optonline.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 17:20:32 -0400
If you do Vizard and open up the chambers  and not mill the the head
to reduce the chamber size your compression will be so low that the
motor will have less
HP than when you started

On my Alpine I run flat top Pistons with mildly ported head   with
modified chambers
and a Isky racing cam stock valve train ,about 12:1 comp with series II
Header and 2" Exhaust
I had twin side draft Mikuni 44 carbs on for one season  but I was
allways put in  the faster class becasue of
the carbs (alfa spiders /911s /lotus) which were quite a bit faster than I

So I took a 2 barrel downdraft manifold from a series iV and modified it
to fit a 2 Barrel Rochester 2G
which is 500 CFM and I allso had a few of them on the shelf
I also modified the carb to use Holley Jets which are abundant
After a few practice races and jetting ,the alpine runs a little faster
times
does about 7200 rpms  and I get to run in a class with cars my speed
alot more fun

I believe the the 500 cfm  2 barrel can  flow more air than my head can
therefore the sidedrafts  were over kill

Rocco
  61 Alpine #86  VRG
Alpines@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html