[Alpines] oil pressure problem

To: Alpine List <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Alpines] oil pressure problem
From: achd73@yahoo.com
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2009 11:53:01 -0700 (PDT)
How does an almost completed email just dissaper. I must be a magician. Once
again.

IF memory serves, Te/AE once ran a tech tip concerning low oil pressure. The
cause was the PRV (pressure relief valve) on the S5- 1725cc engine. Im thinking
the author mentioned replacing a part w/ a bolt to make the pressure
adjustable. Does anyone have a copy of the tip or can someone advise me what
oil pressure should be on a fresh engine and any data concerning the relief
valve would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
TonytheTiger
who has an Alpine too and a buddy from Scottland who has restored a S2 and the
car is beautiful. I donated a 1725 to his cause and now Im being given the
privilage of ironing the bugs out. So, Im turning to the professional Alpine
people who gather here.Cya at SUNI, I hope.