Re: [Alpines] How reliable is an overdrive unit?

To: Łauri <lehtinen.lauri@kolumbus.fi>,
Subject: Re: [Alpines] How reliable is an overdrive unit?
From: Tony Somebody <achd73@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 22:36:15 -0800 (PST)
Lauri- I cant help with your inspection or give directions in changing the
main shafts etc BUT I have a S5 with OD and I love it. The car flys in
comparison to my S5 w/out OD. Of course it is geared a lot higher- Im
wondering how much gas milage would improve with a stock S5 rearend as the OD
unit helps tranny wise but not rear end wise.

Just my thoughts.
TonytheTiger

--- On Mon, 2/9/09, jarrid_gross@earthlink.net <jarrid_gross@earthlink.net>