Re: [Alpines] Over Heating

To: "alpines@autox.team.net" <alpines@autox.team.net>, philipreddy@fuse.net
Subject: Re: [Alpines] Over Heating
From: tom.hill@att.net
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2009 16:43:51 +0000
If you remove the head, inspect the water passage area on the head closely.
The Alpine head is known for galvanic corrosion in this area.  If the head if
sufficiently eroded, the head gasket won't seal.  When I removed my cylinder
head for a rebuild, I found a buildup of crud in the passages.  After cleaning
it out, the head gasket wouldn't seal anymore.

Also, regarding gauge and/or sending unit issues, the gauge gets power from the
instrument power regulator under the dash.  If the regulator is getting
"fritzy", it could goof up the gauge reading.

Good Luck,

Tom Hill