[Alpines] Need help with Series IV automatic

To: "Alpine Discussion Group" <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Alpines] Need help with Series IV automatic
From: "Bill Mounce" <bmounce@rcn.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 14:09:00 -0400
Hello all

I had a phone call from a fellow in Belmar NJ who runs a small auto repair
shop.  He has been struggling with a Series IV automatic, and cannot get it
to run.  He has pouring time and parts into it, no luck.  He has added a
Weber carb, a rebuilt distributor, various other goodies, no luck.  He feels
he has not changed the timing, although with distributor changes, he
certainly could have.  He says it is set up negative earth, but I recall
them being positive.  He is getting spark.

He did have it going a while ago when he had a different mechanic working
with him, but not now.

Anyone have any thoughts?  I do not know the gentleman, and have no vested
interest, just trying to help him out.  I would drive down, but it's a bit
far from where I live.

His name is Ed Mateski, his brother Ken works with him.  Email is
scsnake56@aol.com, business is Atlantic Automotive in Belmar, NJ, phone
732-681-0085.  Two blocks from the ocean, if there are any Alpine
mechanics/fishermen out there!!

Thanks,

Bill Mounce