Re: Clutch install question

To: Eric <ejmwdesign@covad.net>, alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Clutch install question
From: "jarrid_gross@earthlink.net" <jarrid_gross@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 16:36:14 -0800 (GMT-08:00)
Eric.

The shaft should be the same dimension for the entire length of the bearing
area.
I measured one, the OD is .625, the length of the bearing area is 1.100 inches.
The is a slight taper for the first .100 inch or so to help guide the shaft
into the
bushing, but after that, its a smooth surface the remainder of the way.

Did you verify the size of the ID on the bushing before you installed it?

I have heard that somtimes these come unfinished, and would need machined
prior to fitting.

Jarrid Gross

It may be that I buggered the bushing but here's what I really think:
The shaft has a slight difference in thickness about an 1/8th of an
inch at the end.  that 1/8th inch goes in fine but stops at the fatter
part of the shaft.

Is this difference in thickness normal.  Did I screw something up or do
I just need to muscle the shaft in?

Any and all appreciated.

Eric
'62 serII