Clutch install question

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Clutch install question
From: Eric <ejmwdesign@covad.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 16:20:41 -0800
So I finally got around to having another bout with my trans for my
SerII alpine.
And here's why it's a bout:  The front shaft of the transmission will
not slide into the thrust bushing I installed into the flywheel.

It may be that I buggered the bushing but here's what I really think:
The shaft has a slight difference in thickness about an 1/8th of an
inch at the end.  that 1/8th inch goes in fine but stops at the fatter
part of the shaft.

Is this difference in thickness normal.  Did I screw something up or do
I just need to muscle the shaft in?

Any and all appreciated.

Eric
'62 serII