Re: Series V Frame

To: alpines@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Series V Frame
From: ALF1725@aol.com
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 18:10:51 EST
For what it is worth, saw a similar condition of the door starting to
overlap the body in my Series V back about 8 years ago.  It prompted me to
take the
car in for a major restoration at a local body shop as I also feared  rust in
the frame.  What I was told was that the frame was solid, the  sagging was
due to 30 plus years of gravity pulling on the convertible.  A  common thing.
The solution was to put the Alpine on a frame straightener  to pull it back to
original shape.  Good news is that the door jams have  remained even ever
since.

Hope this helps!

Cheers!
   Al Figler