Re: [What temp should I expect]

To: Kurt Eckert <kurt@kurteckert.com>, Alpine folks
Subject: Re: [What temp should I expect]
From: Jan Eyerman <jan.eyerman@usa.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2003 09:39:57 -0400
Is the gauge reading correct???  An after market mechanical temperature gauge
will confirm overheating or a bad gauge (or an electrical problem).

Jan

Kurt Eckert <kurt@kurteckert.com> wrote:

I have been having a problem with my 3GT overheating and attributed it to
the 40 year old radiator. Well I got my radiator back from being re-cored
with a modern 3 core setup and I am still getting steam coming out from
under the hood after a few minutes of driving. What sort of temp should I
expect? The ambient temperature was in the mid 60s. It has a brand new
radiator and a new thermostat. I am running the stock 4 blade fan with no
shroud. It is sticking right around 200 degrees and when I have to go up a
hill it creeps up to 220 or so. This seems too hot to me. About the only
thing left to replace would be the water pump. Is this a likely culprit?

Thanks,
Kurt Eckert
Series IIIGT