Re: What temp should I expect

To: Kurt Eckert <kurt@kurteckert.com>
Subject: Re: What temp should I expect
From: jumpinjan <jservaites@woh.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2003 22:09:00 -0700
Kurt Eckert wrote:

> I have been having a problem with my 3GT overheating and attributed it to
> the 40 year old radiator. Well I got my radiator back from being re-cored
> with a modern 3 core setup and I am still getting steam coming out from
> under the hood after a few minutes of driving. What sort of temp should I
> expect?

If you get steam after a few minutes of driving, then it's not the
radiator. I have never seen any problems with the water pump overheating
the engine. I suspect some deeper problems like head gasket failure
and/or sediment build up in the block. How long has it been since the
last engine rebuild?
Jan