SV Windshield Frame Trim

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: SV Windshield Frame Trim
From: "John, Sandra & Ryan Lee" <jsrlee@shaw.ca>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 22:23:57 -0600
After a couple of dry runs I'm looking for help from people with
experience on this task. The local glass guy who installed the glass in
the frame said it looked to him like it was friction fit. No adhesives
required. When run in the top piece does not fit snugly against the
metal frame. Seems to me it needs to be glued and clamped until dry to
stay in place. Since it was such a nightmare to remove the old adhesive
when I disassembled the frame I don't want to proceed without seeking
advice. Someone has probably done several and knows all the tricks and
proper adhesives. The new dash pad roll and powder coated windshield
frame look great. I need to solve this trim mystery so I can fit the new
top. Thanks.
John Lee, still trying to finish Ryan's SV.