RE: door panels

To: armorseal@spiretech.com, affiliatedleasing@sbcglobal.net,
Subject: RE: door panels
From: "Kevin McLemore" <kmclemore@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 21:54:58 -0400
In the past when I've made door panels I've used what's called 'tempered
masoninte', which is more weather-proof and resistant to warping and
delamination (common masonite problems).  After cutting it to size, drilling
all the holes, and trial fitting, I then varnish it with polyurethane before
installing the padding and fabric.  And I *never* use staples - they rust
rapidly - I only use contact adhesive (3M solvent based). Works great, lasts
forever!

-Kevin McLemore