Congrats to Alpines and Bill Atalla

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Congrats to Alpines and Bill Atalla
From: Jay_Laifman@countrywide.com
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 08:21:45 -0700
Congratulations to Alpines and Bill Atalla.  In the latest Classic
Motorsports (fka British car), there is an article comparing Bill's
Alpine, an MGB, a Fiat 124, an Alfa Romeo Spyder, and a Datsun 1600.  The
Alpine did much better than usual in these types of comparisons.  It came
in second, with lots of kudos.  None of the Alpine could have/should have
bashing.  Made me proud.

I have to admit I was a little worried since the same magazine did the
usual Alpine critique when they compared that same Alpine against one of
Bill's Tigers.  Part of the problem before seemed to come from the state
of tune of the engine.  But, this time they talked up the state of tune of
the engine.  Maybe Bill needs to give us the real low down on the engine.
However, this time it was other car owners who called the shots, and most
of them put the Alpine above their own!

The car itself looked great.  Canary Yellow has always been a great color
on Alpines.  I'll have to reserve comment on the dash until I see it in
person one day. =P  Actually, it looked very nice being yellow, and going
all the way across with the glove box door.  I'm just preferential to the
black dash (even over the wood one).

Jay