Re: Shocks and sway bar bush, Series 2

To: Chuck Nicodemus <armorseal@spiretech.com>
Subject: Re: Shocks and sway bar bush, Series 2
From: Ron Tebo <mrtebo@telus.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 06:03:46 -0600
Chuck:

I believe the Buick Rivera shocks required slight mods to lower eye. I
also have a post from Jarrid on adjusting gas shocks if you decide to go
that route.

Ron Tebo

Subject: Shocks
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 09:23:45 -0700
From: "Jay Laifman" <Jay_Laifman@countrywide.com>
To: alpines@autox.team.net

kjames@sprint.ca writes:

>Thanks and good work to some listers who provided cross-matches that have
>worked.
>For my Series V
>Front shocks, 1966-70 Riviera, Cadillac Calais, Monroe 32134.  Just swap
>metal sleeves in the lower rubber bushing.
>Rear Shocks, 1960-62 Corvette, Monroe 32126

I got the same for my Alpine at Pep Boys.  It was real nice getting shocks
at under $20 each - actually I think they were closer to $10.

Anyway, they did seem a bit softer than I would like - which surprised me.
I expected because the other cars were so much heavier, the shocks would
not be light.  I believe there are also matching Gabriel shocks too.  In
fact, I think I do have the Gabriel ones on either the front or back, I
forget which right now.  I think they are called "Red Riders".  Over the
weekend, I saw that Sears has a sale on Gabriel shocks.  They show "Sport
Ryder" gas shock absorber, "Steady Rider" gas shock absorber.  You might
want to try those.

Jay