Forwarded Tech Tip

To: "Alpine, Message" <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Forwarded Tech Tip
From: "Thomas Wiencek" <wiencek@anl.gov>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 15:32:13 -0500
When completing the restoration of a 1962 Wire Wheeled MGA, I could find
no one who could properly balance the tires.All tire stores have the
tapered lock for the rear of the rim, but no one has a device to go over
the front to properly align the tire and rim on a computer balancing
machine. I had an old spinner that was of no value, so I had a 1 7/8"
hole put in the spinner. The smaller taper lock fits nicely into the 1
7/8" hole to properly align the wheel on the alignment machine. Now any
tire dealer can align my wire wheels with this device. I recommend you
check with your tire dealer to be sure of the shaft size on his machine
before cutting the hole.