Back in the saddle

To: Alpine Folks <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Back in the saddle
From: Kurt Eckert <kurt@kurteckert.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 15:35:11 -0400
Hey all,

After letting my poor Series III GT sit at the body shop for over two years
waiting for them to decide to work on it, I decided that I would rather just
drive it the way it is than let it waste away. So I went down with a truck
and trailer and it is back in my driveway. It took a bit of work to get the
battery back in shape but it is humming away outside right now with oil
dripping out the bottom and the temperature gauge flirting with the overheat
mark. God I missed it. :)

The plan is to get the radiator re-cored, bring it in to the shop and have
them do a proper job on the oil pan gasket, register it, inspect it, insure
it and drive the heck out of it. Oh yeah, I think I am going to swap out the
carbs for some Webers. I have been out of the Alpine world for a bit where
is there a good place on the East coast to either get a new radiator or get
this one re-cored. Also, any good deals on a set of Webers?

Regards,
Kurt Eckert