Re: Update: 1966 Alpine advice

To: "Steve Kirks" <srk@mac.com>, <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Update: 1966 Alpine advice
From: "Jon A." <humbersnipe@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 23:05:52 -0500
I've owned my '66 for over 20 years. After a lifetime of New Jersey weather,
there's only a little rust-through around the handbrake lever on the floor.
However, the sills (rocker panels) need replacement quite badly. Check the
condition of the sills both outer and inner - reach up behind the seam at
the bottom of the sill and push against the inner. CRUNCH is not a good
sound at this point.

And I have grave doubts about the mileage - my car has travelled over
100,000 miles without the bottom end of the engine ever being touched. This
one needed two rebuilds in 39,000 miles?????

To quote the Romans, Caveat Emptor.................

Jon Arzt
Omaha, NE  USA