Re: [Low reading ammeter]

To: "Vladimir Broz" <svalpine@hotmail.com>, <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Low reading ammeter]
From: Jan Eyerman <jan.eyerman@usa.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2003 16:47:31 -0400
Sure sounds like a bad connection, corrosion or bad ground somewhere! The bad
connection could be on the base of one of the fuses.

Jan

"Vladimir Broz" <svalpine@hotmail.com> wrote:
Problem #1: My new 35 amp ammeter never indicates more than 8 amps(+-) even
when the lights, blower and electric fan are on.

Problem #2: In addition, when these are all on, my tach will oscillate
wildly and my fuel gauge and temp gauge will read low. Voltage at the
solenoid will be 14 vac engine running no accessories on dropping to 12.3
vac with the above accessories on.  Does this indicate a poor connection
somewhere or a failing alternator (after market Nippon Denso).

In spit of all this, the engine always run well and the battery remains
fully charged.

All the best,
Vlad
1966 SV 395005683 LRXOD