Re: Help wanted with opening hood to engine bay]

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Help wanted with opening hood to engine bay]
From: RootesRooter@aol.com
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 01:49:07 EDT
If your paint is marginal or you're very careful - wrap a medium-sized
screwdriver in cloth and, with someone else pulling the handle (unless you've
got
long arms), GENTLY pry it.  Try different points along the edge. A second wedge
along the side edge, nudging it side to side helps sometimes.  It may very
well pop open, and avoid the hours spent removing those tough-to-get-at screws
under the hinges.