Re: Re: Rapier Brake Fluid

To: "Alpine List" <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Re: Rapier Brake Fluid
From: Bob Douglas <b_s_d@ureach.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 10:40:11 -0400
Another difference is the effect on paint.  Most know
conventional brake fluid is tough on car finishes while Silicone
fluid is not.  But a problem with Silicone, so I've been told,
is that it can cause trouble when it comes to repainting the
car.  It's apparently tough to detect and remove where it's
inadvertently gotten onto the old paint.

I typically convert hydraulic circuits to Silicone after a
rebuild,  but continue to use the same care as with
conventional fluid around the bodywork.

Regards, Bob Douglas

---- On Mon, 14 Apr 2003, Russell & Neola
(maddock_adsl@hotkey.net.au) wrote:

> If you do decide to go with silicone, the big obstacle is that
it is in no
> way compatible with conventional brake fluid. You would need
to remove all
> trace of the old stuff from your brake (and clutch) system and
replace all
> the rubber bits.

Get your own "800" number
Voicemail, fax, email, and a lot more