Re: High Tech 1600cc head question

To: SerIIAlpine@netscape.net
Subject: Re: High Tech 1600cc head question
From: Jarrid Gross <jarrid_gross@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 19:21:11 -0700
Eric,

Your machine shop is right, unleaded has nothing to do with the bent
valve.
What did?  The fact it was en exhaust valve tells a story in itself.
Perhaps lack of proper adjustment, burned the valve, then it stuck
and got struck by the piston?
Or perhaps you overreved the engine and bent a valve.

On valve size, forget what the girls tell you, size DOES matter.
The question is, how much coin you got floating round in your pocket?
You wont be able to open the valves up to a considerable improvement
without spending some serious money.

On titanium, get out cubic coin here.

On grind, a nice 3 angle valve job is nice.
Wont make a big improvement, but is an inexpensive way to get another
pony.

New guides are reccomended as are new valves.
Upgrading to guide seals is fine, but only if the guides are silicon
bronze, not the cast iron originals.

Thats all I can think of for now.
Good luck

Jarrid Gross