Re: New feature on www.sunbeamalpine.org

To: Brent Edinger <banana111@msn.com>
Subject: Re: New feature on www.sunbeamalpine.org
From: ssage@socal.rr.com
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2002 22:04:07 -0800
Brent Edinger wrote:

>  The turbo kit will work but two are required for the Tiger. Also the Tiger
> already has the burning rubber air freshener built in!
>                   Brent Edinger
> >

> Ian:
> I currently drive a Tiger and I'm curious if these accessories would work in
> my
> car with its V8. .........................Steve Sage

Brent:
That's great news about the turbo kit. Unfortunately, though, I've already spent
a lot of money on the Tiger. I could probably afford the cost of the two Rootes
turbo kits, but I'm afraid the cost of continuously buying the power pellets
might be beyond my financial ability right now. Also, I wonder if the extra heat
generated under the hood by the V8 would shorten the usefull life of the turbo
power units. I know turbos are very heat sensitive. I have installed A/C in the
Tiger, though, so maybe I could install the turbos in a remote location, say in
front of the A/C vents in the passenger compartment. It might be easier to feed
the turbos the power pills there too, rather than having to pop open the hood
(bonnet to those on the other side of the ponds) every time the turbo units
needed them.

Did I read somewhere that the Rootes turbo units do have a warning sound built
in
that tells you when they need more pellets, or are over heating? It sounds
something close to "squeak! squeak! squeak!"

Steve Sage