Re: 1958 berkeley

To: chuck nicodemus <armorseal@spiretech.com>
Subject: Re: 1958 berkeley
From: Victor Hughes <hughes@scides.canberra.edu.au>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 09:57:25 +1100
That must have been a pretty radical conversion.  The 1958 Berkeley had a 328
cc 2
stroke Excelsior motorcycle engine with chain drive to the front wheels.

http://www.pearsies.btinternet.co.uk/page4.htm

Pretty little car, and quite rare (fewer than 1100 made) so it would be nice to
see
it restored.  The Berkeley was a designed by Laurie Bond, a Brit with a thing
for
front drive minicars.  There were other Bond minicars, including 3 wheelers
like the
Equipe and Bug.

http://www.motorbase.com/search/show-manufacturer-ads.ihtml?mid=15
http://www.doorstep.co.uk/bond/bug1.html