Re: [head light hims]

To: "Jan Eyerman" <jan.eyerman@usa.net>, <RockStar30cars@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: [head light hims]
From: "Louis & Laila" <bwana@c2i2.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 11:24:12 -0700
I believe that the very last run of Alpines may have used the non-hooded
headlight rims (doors), though they were not chromed, but rather painted in
body color. I have personally seen a late late series 5 Alpine and it had
the non-hooded MKII Tiger style headlight doors, as well as the MKII Tiger
chrome around the wheel wells etc., and I personally owned a late series 5,
within a few hundred (400?) cars of the end of the line, and it had original
factory paint, and non-hooded headlight doors in the same original paint. I
kept them, though they are bent, just to use the slip over connecting piece
to repair other doors.  Perhaps this was done at the dealer on request from
the customer, but it begs the question, why?