Re: wheel interchangability question

To: "Bill Mounce" <bmounce@bellatlantic.net>,
Subject: Re: wheel interchangability question
From: "Bill Blue" <dablue@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 20:32:23 -0500
I think you will find that a lot of wheels will bolt onto the Alpine, what
needs attention is offest.  I have a set of 6X13" Mustang II wheels
(aftermarket) that measure 3.5" from the inside of the rim to the mounting
surface.  They fit a 205 tire very nicely inside the Alpine wheel well.  I
think you will find offset to be very important, as improper offset screws
up the front end geometry as well as makes the tire stick out like a ghetto
cruiser's.  I don't know what the proper mesurements should be (probably is
related to width), but this has to be close for a 6" wheel.
Bill