Series II & 3

To: "Thomas Wiencek" <wiencek@anl.gov>
Subject: Series II & 3
From: "Andy Devoe" <andydevoe@mediaone.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 21:08:57 -0800
Tom,
I've also been curious about the late model Series II cross-over production
with the Series 3.  My Alpine did in fact come the plastic surround for the
heater/vent controls.  Mine is sadly not in very good condition.  Though I
have the pieces, it would take a lot of fabrication to mend it.  Instead, I
used a dashboard from a Series I parts car (with the lettering as part of
the dash).  That is one of the compromises I've made until I come across one
in good condition.  My Alpine also came with the center horn piece without
the motif.  I scavenged the earlier horn ring with motif from the same parts
car I got the dash from.  I think it looks nicer.  I also stole the wire
wheels and hubs too.  Call me a pirate.

The radio is a Motorola, most likely a dealer install because it didn't have
the speaker housing.

Andy