Rag tops

To: "chuck nicodemus" <armorseal@spiretech.com>
Subject: Rag tops
From: "Andy Devoe" <andydevoe@mediaone.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 20:51:35 -0800
Chuck,
if you have any tips on installing the soft top, I'd be interested.  If
anyone else has tips about installation - please dive in!  Rick Mcloud
includes a few tips of instruction with the top but any advise is always
welcome.  One thing Rick is very clear about is to only fasten the rear of
the top to the middle of the 3 rear aluminum rail/fasteners.  This is the
center of three aluminum brackets that install with rubber weather strip.
Rick says that it's common for people to try to install the top to all three
brackets instead of just the back, and that this makes stowage of the top
difficult.  Sound familiar?

I was looking around for the list of production dates but couldn't find it
(if you could please let me know where it lives I would be grateful).  I
remember seeing that my Series II was manufactured in January '63.  That's
very cool that several of us in the club have Alpines so close in range:
Chuck Nicodemus: B9119821
James Downing: B9119860
Andy Devoe: B9119872

The fact that these late model Series IIs are still on the road speaks
volumes for their build integrity.  I'm located in Lakewood, Ca, just North
of Long Beach.

Andy