Re: Questions on Alpine Alternator Repairs and PCV Parts

To: <palmjeld@mit.midco.net>, <servaij@cris.com>,
Subject: Re: Questions on Alpine Alternator Repairs and PCV Parts
From: Thomas Wiencek <wiencek@anl.gov>
Date: 12 Feb 2002 09:21:57 -0600
As for the PCV valve, why not gut the original and put a modern one (do they
make in line ones?)  in the hose?

On 2/11/02, Kevin McLemore <kmclemore@hotmail.com> wrote:
Thanks, guys.  I suppose I'll take Paul's advice and send both down to our
local auto electric shop here (suburban Philadelphia) and see what they can
do with them.  Maybe with two they can produce at least ONE working one?
(ha! ..gotta love Lucas..)

If that doesn't work I'll have to choose between keeping some semblance of
originality by installing a Lucas/MGB unit (while risking the same parts
availability problems I have now sometime down the road..) or else going
with the more or less bullet-proof GM unit and giving up on all originality
altogether!  Sigh.  If I do do the conversion, where's the best tip sheet?

Thanks for the tips, guys!!

(Nobody answered my second question though.. on the PCV valve.. does anyone
know?)

Regards,
Kevin