Re: Questions on Alpine Alternator Repairs and PCV Parts

To: Kevin McLemore <kmclemore@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Questions on Alpine Alternator Repairs and PCV Parts
From: palmjeld@mit.midco.net
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 17:35:34 -0600
Hi all:

I use a "standard" GM single wire alternator.  The unit can be found in a
variety of amperage outputs - 63, 72, 85, etc.  As far as I can tell, the outer
dimensions of any of those possiblities is the same.  I am able to use the GM
with no bracket modifications to the standard Sunbeam bracket by the use of a
DOUBLE pulley with the alternator.  I have used the GM alternator successfully
for many years and have been well satisfied.

Kevin:  If you have an automotive electric repair shop in your area they can
very likely repair both of your units without a lot of expense.  If we have
such a shop here in Mitchll, SD, surely you must have one in your area.

my 2 pennies worth

Paul