UK Visitor

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: UK Visitor
From: Ian Spencer <ian@sunbeamalpine.org>
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2002 20:28:26 -0500
Well... Gavin has just left Dayton and will be traveling in the US for 2 more
weeks before he returns home to England. I took him over to John Engle's house
on Thursday to see John's MKII Tiger and his MKI that is being put back
together. Gavin was very impressed with John's handy work and even more
imnpressed with his garage!!

Friday, I took him over to Tiger Auto to meet Doug Jennings. Gavin has been
wanting to get his Series V's front crossmember rebuilt, so Doug is going to
help him out. Gavin really enjoyed seeing Doug's shop and learned a lot about
the process involved in dipping a body and repairing rust.

On Saturday Gavin joined us for our SAOCA Chapter Meeting in Tipp City. Gavin
joined the SAOCA and became our 100th member!! He as also agreed to be our
ambassador between the SAOC of England and the SAOC of America. Gavin comes to
America about four times a year on business with Standard Register here in
Dayton, and he will be scheduling his next trip so that he will be here during
the Sunbeam Invasion in June.

We really enjoyed his visit and look forward to the next time he is in town. -
Ian