Front Cover Seal Conversion (Heh Ed !!)

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Front Cover Seal Conversion (Heh Ed !!)
From: CANISDOG@aol.com
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2002 19:51:36 EST
List and Ed Esslinger,
I picked up all the goodies today to put the Chevy seal conversion in.  I am
confused about one thing.  I reading your article Ed I don't see any mention
of cutting the existing cover any bigger.  I can't even get the "Repair
Sleeve" to go through what little gap there is between the Harmonic Ballancer
Hub and the cover. And it''s thin!

So does this need to be cut out a little?  Should I do the cutting AFTER I
drill my pilot hole to center the seal.  This would make sense.  I can get a
good center without the sleeve and then put it in after.

Paul
Thanks for the help