Re: The big question

To: "chuck nicodemus" <armorseal@spiretech.com>,
Subject: Re: The big question
From: "Ray Frazier" <rayfrazier@attbi.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 23:20:10 -0600
Driving on the left side of the road = RHD
The version I recently heard was that it all started with the Romans
decreeing that everyone drive their wagons/ chariots/horses on the left side
of the carriageway while they were occupying England.  Fast forward several
hundred years to Napoleon.  He, not liking anything to do with the English,
said that the French should drive on the right.  As he conquered various
countries throughout Europe this became the norm except in countries in the
British Empire.  I don't know how valid this is, but it makes a good story.

Ray Frazier