brake M/C and servo question

To: Alpine Discussion List <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: brake M/C and servo question
From: bmounce@bellatlantic.net
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 19:59:57 -0400
Hello 'Piners:

This is a reiteration of a question I had about a year ago, please bear
with me.  I am working on a SV, and may wish to do away with the servo
unit.  I have two friends that run their cars without servos, and say
the pedal is pretty hard.  Since I want my wife to be comfortable
driving the car, I likely will not use the SV M/C.  Having said that,
some group members suggested using an early series M/C, which has a
different bore (larger or smaller, I can't remember), that gives an
easier pedal.

1. Has anyone gone to the early M/C, having used the servo first?  If
so, how does it compare?

2. Is anyone using a non-Sunbeam M/C successfully?  I am looking at ECI
and Wilwood.

I know I can be safe using any number of solutions, but I would also
like to have an easy pedal.  Any thoughts?

As a sidebar, if I do use my existing servo, which I may, who does a
good job of rebuilding, and at what cost.  Again, I think someone
answered this last year, sorry for the rehash.

Thanks fellas (and ladies),

Bill