Re: [Clutch woes]

To: Newron@aol.com, alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Clutch woes]
From: Jan Eyerman <jan.eyerman@usa.net>
Date: 10 Oct 2001 10:02:27 EDT
Two possibilities....

1) Master Cylinder needs rebuild

2) Air bubble in slave cylinder- solution... bleed slave cylinder by pushing
in on operating rod (once-all the way, then bleed normally).

Jan Eyerman

Newron@aol.com wrote:
'67 Series V, but a rather generic hydraulic clutch question. No pressure in
the clutch pedal, but if I pump it several times I can get a little pressure,

enough to put it into gear but not enough to then disengage. Bleeding the
system doesn't help. When the pedal is pushed in, I see no backflow of fluid
into the clutch reservoir, and the slave does move the pushrod, but not
enough to disengage the clutch.
Is my problem likely the clutch master or slave, and what should I do to
further diagnose?
              Wayne