Re: Alternator Wiring Change

To: servaij@cris.com, Jay_Laifman@countrywide.com
Subject: Re: Alternator Wiring Change
From: "J Arzt" <humber_snipe@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2001 17:08:45 -0600
    Not for nothing, but if I'm going to go to the trouble of changing
alternators, it's not going to be to put a 45A in where a 35A was!

    I used a 90A Bosch unit from a 1985-92 VW Golf, cutting no original
wires in the process. All the removed original pieces were put in one box
and tucked safely away, clearly marked. Works like a charm -  I can run the
lights, wipers, blower, anything I want and the voltmeter still reads at
least 13.5 volts. Next comes an electric radiator fan - before that stock
one "ventilates" my bonnet!

Jon Arzt