Re: 1600 vs 1725 / Chevy Rods / Isky / Lifters

To: <MrZAG57@aol.com>
Subject: Re: 1600 vs 1725 / Chevy Rods / Isky / Lifters
From: "Greg Locke" <glocke@ihug.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 12:37:22 +1300
Please please please, I would love to know the details of your 1965 cc
engine. I have read of lots of different fromulas for such a lump, but one
more before I embark on my own would be most appreciated. I race an alpine
engined humber in NZ, currently at 1810cc, but my all out race motor is
about to start the construction phase. I was considering the idea of roller
rockers just the other day, and guessed that there must be some suitable
rocker available. From what I understand, the rocker itself adds a little
extra improvement, but it's main advantage is to allow a cam to be used that
opens and shuts quicker, with the valve still being able to follow the
profile OK. The other big advantage is less valve train wear. I'm sure it
can be done.. and again would love to know your recipe if successful.

The ford 2000 rods you mention, have come to my attention also. The vehicle
I am thinking of is the ford telstar, marketed here from around 1980. The
big end bearing is 2 inches I think, the same as the chevvy rods, but the
width is better. They looked pretty heavy though. Are these the same ones
you are using?

Greg

P.S
Removing the weight from the lifter end of the valve train is gotta make
some difference.