cold speedo dial indicator

To: "Alpines@Autox. Team. Net" <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: cold speedo dial indicator
From: "Michael B. Gardner" <mbgardner@core.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2000 07:02:34 -0500
I rebuilt (went through) an old speedo for my SV this spring and to my
surprise and pleasure it has worked remarkably and accurately since then.  I
followed the an old posting on the subject which was fairly detailed and
easy.  Now that it's getting cold here in Cleveland, the dial indicator
seems to get stuck when it's cold in the 20 - 30 mph position when first
driving.  It will pick up from there when going faster but will generally
fall back there.  Rollling backwards a few feet or going in reverse will
drop the needle back to zero. On warmer days it seems to be fine.  I want to
keep driving until it snows for good but do not want to damage anything.
Advise from anyone will be appreciated.

Michael B. Gardner