re:air compressors

To: "(unknown)" <ALPINES@autox.team.net>
Subject: re:air compressors
From: Tom Yang <TYang@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2000 10:52:34 -0400
I sent this message earlier, but I thnk it went into the internet either,
so I pologize if this is redundant...

I subscr*be to Auto Restorer Magazine. It's a B&W publication that's not as
polished as the glossy color magazines, but what you get are useful
articles and less advertising. Anyway...

This month was a short article about air compressors. The author mentioned
something about "volumetric efficiency" which I never considered when
talking about compressors. His point was that compressors are measured by
their displacement, but "your results may vary" because no machine is 100%
efficient. This may be important to you when using a compressor at it's
rated limit.

I can scan the article and e-mail it if you're interested.

Tom

In a message dated 10/26/00 10:44:21 AM Central Daylight Time,
ceharvey@thegrid.net writes:

> Any advice as to what size compressor I need would
>  be helpful.

As for size it depends on your location, 220v or 110v, but stay away from a

"direct drive" unit unless you want an excessively LOUD annoying
compressor.
A 6.5hp belt drive unit with 11.8cfm @ 40psi is available at Northern Tools

for $399.95.

Gary