Re: Hard Top

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Hard Top
From: "J Arzt" <humber_snipe@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2000 09:37:06 CDT
    I've never heard it discussed , so I have a question about this.

    I know that the convertible header bow is different between SIII-IV and
the later SV, having tried to fit one once and the angle was wrong. I never
verified it, but I suspect the change occured when they dropped the tension
cables and started using Velcro.

    The big question is, is the hardtop different as well? If the angle of
the sealing surface from top to windscreen is different, wouldn't the
hardtop necessarily be different, too?

    On a separate hardtop question, has anyone ever had any experience with
Honeybourne Moldings in the UK? They make a replacement Alpine hardtop that
looks like the later factory top, instead of that ugly Parrish Plastics top.
You can see a picture of one in their ad in Practical Classics.

Jon Arzt