Re: can i have a RADIO, please?

To: <SG1117@aol.com>, <Christopher.Albers@bubbs.biola.edu>
Subject: Re: can i have a RADIO, please?
From: "Ian Spencer" <SpenceIC@Healthall.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 12:01:52 -0500
Install the radio "above ground". What I mean is...Isolate it from the rest of
the car and wire it for negitive ground. I've done this before and it works
fine. Just make sure that you buy an antenna polarity reverser. I was able to
order it from our local car stereo shop for not much money. (P.S. Make sure the
speakers aren't grounded either.)

Ian Spencer
Client Services
University Hospital
Health Alliance of Greater Cincinnati
(513) 584-0365

SG1117@aol.com writes:
>big problem...silly me, i thought i could put a radio/cd player in my
>62
>series II alpine.  the people at circuit city say the PROBLEM has to do
>with
>positive ground...im sure you can all help!

Sure, switch to neg ground!

Seriously, you can get a positive ground system from a supplier that
specializes in classic cars.  Check Hemmings under Services/Radios.

CNA