Re: Front Brakes

To: <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Front Brakes
From: "Steven Graham" <sjgraham@bigpond.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 17:09:26 +1000
I have recently rebuilt my front calipers on my 5 and found out that the
Girling units fitted to Alpines are the same as fitted to 67 HR Holdens here
in Aus, They were made in there thousands and there is a ready supply of
brake parts. My local brake shop confirmed the parts were the same listing
in their books. I think 3 to 5 had the same calipers, as well as Tigers, but
I am not sure.

For Aus owners as well as any others interested.

Brake Pads    Bendix DB525BS      AU$39.91    full set
Pistons            IBS    DB2240        AU$70.40    set of 4
Rebuild kits      IBS    K393S          AU$36.30    2 kits

There are complete new calipers available if needed. By the way, for US
owners, the above prices would be less than half due to 10% GST and currancy
differences.

Steve G