Re: Wash Bottle

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Wash Bottle
From: jerome@supernet.ab.ca (Jerome Yuzyk)
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 16:29:50 -0700
In article <OFB32C7667.2A3845AD-ON88256975.0055F8B5@countrywide.com>,
Jay_Laifman@Countrywide.Com wrote:
> I've heard that toothpaste is a good polisher/buffer for plastics.  They
> used to use it on plastic models.  But, I don't know if it's any good to
> get out that yellow - maybe you'd need one of those tartar removing ones!
> Just kidding on the last part.  Maybe try a dab on a small section on the
> bottom of the bottle.
>
> Beware of using any strong cleaner on it as it might harden and crack.  I'm
> still bummed about my original tool roll cracking on me after I cleaned it
> to remove some oil on it.

I used SoftScrub, and then a soak in laundry detergent, and then Brasso.
And stiff toothbrushes. I saw a British reference to "organic washing
powder" but don't know what that is exactly. Worked pretty well.

It's more an issue of cleaning than polishing.

--

=              J e r o m e   Y u z y k | jerome@supernet.ab.ca
=           BRIDGE Scientific Services | www.bss.ab.ca