SV: Crank Pulley Bolts

To: "alpine" <alpines@autox.team.net>, <hillman@can-inc.com>
Subject: SV: Crank Pulley Bolts
From: "KJ" <gratz@tystberga.mail.utfors.se>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 18:18:24 +0200
There are two kind off starter C-P bolts. One is made of iron and quite slim
and a deepwell socket is a possibility. The other one is made of alloy (or
whatever soft material it is) and starter crank part in the front (looks like a
mushroom) are much bigger then the nut part, so socket is no option. The front
part can be cut away but the starter handle is useful sometimes (turning then
engine over doing the valve job etc.)   I did take the hack saw  and cut a big
piece away on both side of the "mushroom" so the BIG spanner can now be used.
Why didn't I do this for 20 years ago, instead of struggle with that
"unmodified" C-P bolt.

Kristian Jonsson

Ämne: Re: Crank Pulley Bolts