Re: Brake pad tip (fwd)

To: jeyerman@ix.netcom.com
Subject: Re: Brake pad tip (fwd)
From: Jarrid Gross <jarrid_gross@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 12:16:24 -0700
The early alpine pads are round on the bottom end, whereas the later pads, and
all
Datson Z pads are more or less square.

Just about any of these pads can be used as doner pads for an early alpine,
but about 20% of the pad plate, and some of the friction area must be removed
for proper fit.

I think you might be confusing that the datsun pads nearly fit for the later
alpines and tigers.
They were used as the basis for my early pad mod becuase they are readily
available, whereas Triumph and Sunbeam parts are not so available.

Jarrid Gross