Re: Distributors

To: david_kelly@ineos-a.com, alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Distributors
From: JACranwell@cs.com
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 05:15:47 EDT
David,

The difference is probably due to the earlier distributor being of the SIII
and earlier type. This has a drive shaft for the rev-counter, whereas the
later series had electronic rev-counters.

I'm fairly sure that the distributor itself is compatible, but the adaptor
shaft needs to changed. I'll have a look tonight amongst my spares. I may
even have one I don't need, if you are stuck.

An alternative is to change the adaptor on the oil pump shaft for the earlier
type, which I would not recommend, as it is a sump off job.

Regards,

    Julian Cranwell -   Surrey UK