Re: Draining fuel tanks

To: Phillip Sprules <phillip@sprules.co.za>
Subject: Re: Draining fuel tanks
From: Victor Hughes <v.hughes@student.canberra.edu.au>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 14:01:43 +1000
Phillip

After you drain them using Pauls method why don't you take them out of the car
completely, along with the connecting pipes?  It's a bit more work but it will
get them safely right away from your paint stripping activities - remember even
after you drain them there will still be some fuel vapour left inside.  Taking
them out will also give you access to the inner mudguards (sorry, fenders!) for
cleaning etc.  You might even want to clean up and repaint the tanks like I did.

Vic Hughes