Draining fuel tanks

To: <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Draining fuel tanks
From: "Phillip Sprules" <phillip@sprules.co.za>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 07:47:54 +0200
Morning all......

The stripping of my SIV Alpine continues with great gusto. I wish I could do
this full time :-)

I eventually removed that pesky mirror with the help of a home-made 23
spanner (made of 3mm sheet metal) and my son sticking a standard 23 spanner
and most of his arm through a tiny gap in the wheel arch. In hindsight, the
refitment will be a lot easier as a complicated combination of shifting
spanner, extensions etc will enable me to fasten the bolt from inside the
vehicle.....

Now for today's problem. I have begun to strip the paint using, inter alia,
a hot gun. Unfortunately, the petrol tanks are still full and I really don't
wanna go to the great garage in the sky just yet.

Are there any draining plugs on the tanks ?(I looked briefly last night and
could not see any, and there do not appear to be any in the parts manual)

Could I not find a break somewhere in the fuel-line and pump some compressed
air through the tanks ?

Remember, there is no wiring left in the car .....

Regards
Phillip Sprules