Re: Chrysler Pentastar

To: CMeinel464@aol.com
Subject: Re: Chrysler Pentastar
From: SloMoIV@aol.com
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 01:58:27 EDT
In a message dated 7/10/00 7:16:35 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
CMeinel464@aol.com writes:

<< Ian,

 I believe all Series V's had them. My first Alpine V which was B395000541
had
 one on the lower front right fender.

 Curt
 Classic Sunbeam

>From "Fill 'er Up!", in the Pacific Tiger Club Newsletter - Dec '97:

.....For those of you wondering just when Rootes starting applying Chrysler
Pentastars to the passenger-side fenders, Norm Miller passes along a bit of
info from David Duncanson, of England's Sunbeam Tiger Owners Club (STOC).
David reports he has a Rootes internal memo from 1966 ordering the Pentastars
installed to all Rootes cars "effective February 1, 1966."

For Alpines, they should start appearing around VIN B395002800, for Tigers
from around B3821001375.

I've come across a lot of Series V's with the Pentastar hole knowingly filled
in by the owner.  Perhaps that's the reason for the various listers with
Pentastar-less later cars.

Dick Sanders
Seattle