Re: [6pack] TR6 and Nissan pickup update

To: Adam Beasley <adamcbeasley@gmail.com> cNcBZcc2MFCOE6Yn8OZk6I8pc0quFPC55J90cFVhO98M0lxzDukgqx3AHpkJtsZXlxHet2qqGhOvoW7Iv0yy/Ek2zRSlR3lQsTegDW+TNiSrpcSgx7a+oyvu 8Vlfxq/R0lLMMFBuNNe8S9KKO9P4m5cDO3Yg8UigjUY4rUrltund/Z9Ik2fN2N6DUWXsnP0RTJSKSwtALvxgzA==
Subject: Re: [6pack] TR6 and Nissan pickup update
From: Robert McBride via 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2019 23:08:00 -0500
Cc: TR6 <6pack@autox.team.net>

--Apple-Mail-81A08764-9A7A-41EE-B0C4-BD043E77602A
        charset=utf-8

Same here, I also enjoy your updates please keep them coming..

Bob

> On Dec 27, 2019, at 5:46 PM, Adam Beasley via 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>=
 wrote:
>=20
> =EF=BB=BF
> Richard,
>=20
> William speaks for himself.  I personally have been enjoying your posts.
>=20
> Please continue to share.
>=20
> Adam
> 73 TR6
>=20
> Sent from Nine
haps your expectations. It is my error to assume that Triumph owners care ab=
out more than DIY help. The error won't be repeated...by me anyway. Enjoy yo=
ur broken cars.
>=20
> Rick
>=20
>> On Fri, Dec 27, 2019, 11:57 AM William Pugh <anabil007@comcast.net> wrote=
:
>> Don=E2=80=99t know, don=E2=80=99t care =E2=80=A6 this is a Triumph venue f=
or help =E2=80=A6 not a one user Blog.
>>=20
>> > On Dec 27, 2019, at 5:08 AM, Richard Lindsay via 6pack <6pack@autox.tea=
m.net> wrote:
>> >=20
>> > Hello friends,
>> >    Isn't 'queue' an awesome word? Yea, I love words and the many ways o=
ne might string them together. I guess that point is obvious by now.
>> >    Douglas Adams was just amazing in his skills at wordsmith. He had tw=
o phrases that I completely love. Paraphrasing, the first is, "The space shi=
ps fell from the sky in exactly the same way that anvils don't." The other q=
uote that I admire is, "I love deadines. I particularly like the whizzing so=
und that they make as they go by."
>> >=20
>> >    So what is in YOUR queue for today? I may go collect my grandson thi=
s morning so he can help me make biscuits for Nancy's breakfast. Kelum and h=
is mom are awake and up, like me, but Nancy isn't. I also need to learn if K=
elum's mom has other plans today.
>> >=20
>> >    Yesterday I reported that the headliner came out of the Nissan picku=
p easily and without drama. This morning I hope to brush away any remaining f=
oam bits on the substrate (another good word) and cement the new foam backed=
 fabric in place. If I get that far I can reinstall the headliner, but I fir=
st have to be make sure that the cement is well and truly dried. Otherwise, a=
ny finger pressure on the fabric may collapse the foam backing and cause it t=
o stick that way.
>> >=20
>> >    I also reported yesterday that I have begun attaching the upholstery=
 on the TR6's rear wheel arches. Today I will test the cement job by gently p=
ulling the formed upholstery vinyl down over the archs for a smooth fit. If a=
ll goes well there, I will cement the bottom edge to the body and leave the g=
lue to dry. Then afterward, say another 24 hours, I can cement down all the r=
emaining edges and cut the holes for the seat belt's shoulder harness mounti=
ng hardware. =20
>> >=20
>> >    All of this work on the TR6's interior is pretty routine, if sometim=
es laborious. The next real challenge will be rebuilding the seats. I say 'r=
ebuilding' rather than reupholstering because the internal frames have to be=
 restored before new foam and upholstery can go on. Attached are pictures of=
 the driver's seat with the old upholstery split away. It should be obvious t=
hat not only is the support mechanism damaged but also, the metal frame is r=
usted quite badly. No pivot joints now move. Fortunately, the rust damage is=
 mostly surface rust and not so bad that the frames can't be cleaned, repain=
ted and the reused. Yep, lots of work to do there!
>> >=20
>> > Happy, happy,
>> >=20
>> > Rick
>> >=20
>> >=20
>> > On Thu, Dec 26, 2019, 7:12 PM Richard Lindsay <richardolindsay@gmail.co=
m> wrote:
>> > Hello friends,
>> >    I made a little progress today on both the TR6 and the Nissan pickup=
. Both are improving in baby steps. Here are those from steps from today.
>> >    The pickup is so easy to repair. This morning I used my plastic upho=
lstery trim tools and removed the bits up the windscreen sides and those at t=
he top of the B pillar. With those out, the old droopy headliner lifted out t=
he driver's door without argument! Easy peasy.
>> >    Tomorrow I will brush away the foam remains of the old headliner and=
 maybe even attach the new cloth. Pictures to follow if I get that far.
>> >    Also this morning I cemented down the hidden edges of the rear wheel=
 arch upholstery. To fit those pieces over the padded arches, I needed to se=
cure the hidden edges in order to pull the upholstery snugly over the comple=
x  curves of the arches. See attached picture.
>> >    The lower edge of the upholstery will get cemented to the rear deck a=
nd hidden by the deck carpet. The sides will receive upholstery cards hiding=
 the just cemented arch upholstery.
>> >=20
>> >=20
>>=20
>> Bill Pugh
>> 1957 TR3 small mouth  =E2=80=A6 it runs=E2=80=A6fast.
>> 1970 TR6 Rosey =E2=80=A6 she wins 1st Place over and over.
>>=20
>> Life is too short
>> to drive Boring Cars
>>=20
>>=20
>>=20
>=20
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/6pack/rmcbride@m=
i.rr.com
>=20

--Apple-Mail-81A08764-9A7A-41EE-B0C4-BD043E77602A
        charset=utf-8

 2019, at 5:46 PM, Adam Beasley via 6pack &lt;6pack@autox.team.net&gt; wrote=
=BF<div style=3D"font-family:Calibri, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-siz=
e:12.0pt; line-height:1.3; color:#1F497D"><!-- ##### NINE BODY BEGIN ##### -=
ect:none; font-family:Calibri, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12.0p=
t; color:#1F497D" class=3D"signature_editor">Sent from <a href=3D"http://www=
.9folders.com/" style=3D"text-decoration:none;color:#009BDF">Nine</a><br></d=
iv><!-- ##### NINE BODY END ##### --></div><div class=3D"quoted_output_body"=
h;"><hr style=3D"border:none; height:1px; color:#E1E1E1; background-color:#E=
1E1E1;"><div style=3D"border:none; padding:3.0pt 0cm 0cm 0cm"><span style=3D=
"font-size:11.0pt;font-family:Calibri, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"><b>From:=
ype=3D"attribution"><div id=3D"quoted_body" class=3D"quoted_body_editor"><di=
v><div>Sorry to have offended you and apparently violated the group rules, o=
r perhaps your expectations. It is my error to assume that Triumph owners ca=
re about more than DIY help. The error won't be repeated...by me anyway. Enj=
ed-text"><div dir=3D"ltr">On Fri, Dec 27, 2019, 11:57 AM William Pugh &lt;<a=
 href=3D"mailto:anabil007@comcast.net";>anabil007@comcast.net</a>&gt; wrote:<=
br></div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 0.8ex;borde=
r-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">Don=E2=80=99t know, don=E2=80=99t ca=
re =E2=80=A6 this is a Triumph venue for help =E2=80=A6 not a one user Blog.=
&gt; On Dec 27, 2019, at 5:08 AM, Richard Lindsay via 6pack &lt;<a href=3D"m=
ailto:6pack@autox.team.net">6pack@autox.team.net</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; Hello friends,<br>
&gt;&nbsp; &nbsp; Isn't 'queue' an awesome word? Yea, I love words and the m=
any ways one might string them together. I guess that point is obvious by no=
w.<br>
&gt;&nbsp; &nbsp; Douglas Adams was just amazing in his skills at wordsmith.=
 He had two phrases that I completely love. Paraphrasing, the first is, "The=
 space ships fell from the sky in exactly the same way that anvils don't." T=
he other quote that I admire is, "I love deadines. I particularly like the w=
hizzing sound that they make as they go by."<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt;&nbsp; &nbsp; So what is in YOUR queue for today? I may go collect my gr=
andson this morning so he can help me make biscuits for Nancy's breakfast. K=
elum and his mom are awake and up, like me, but Nancy isn't. I also need to l=
earn if Kelum's mom has other plans today.<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt;&nbsp; &nbsp; Yesterday I reported that the headliner came out of the Ni=
ssan pickup easily and without drama. This morning I hope to brush away any r=
emaining foam bits on the substrate (another good word) and cement the new f=
oam backed fabric in place. If I get that far I can reinstall the headliner,=
 but I first have to be make sure that the cement is well and truly dried. O=
therwise, any finger pressure on the fabric may collapse the foam backing an=
d cause it to stick that way.<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt;&nbsp; &nbsp; I also reported yesterday that I have begun attaching the u=
pholstery on the TR6's rear wheel arches. Today I will test the cement job b=
y gently pulling the formed upholstery vinyl down over the archs for a smoot=
h fit. If all goes well there, I will cement the bottom edge to the body and=
 leave the glue to dry. Then afterward, say another 24 hours, I can cement d=
own all the remaining edges and cut the holes for the seat belt's shoulder h=
arness mounting hardware.&nbsp; <br>
&gt; <br>
&gt;&nbsp; &nbsp; All of this work on the TR6's interior is pretty routine, i=
f sometimes laborious. The next real challenge will be rebuilding the seats.=
 I say 'rebuilding' rather than reupholstering because the internal frames h=
ave to be restored before new foam and upholstery can go on. Attached are pi=
ctures of the driver's seat with the old upholstery split away. It should be=
 obvious that not only is the support mechanism damaged but also, the metal f=
rame is rusted quite badly. No pivot joints now move. Fortunately, the rust d=
amage is mostly surface rust and not so bad that the frames can't be cleaned=
, repainted and the reused. Yep, lots of work to do there!<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; Happy, happy,<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; Rick<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; On Thu, Dec 26, 2019, 7:12 PM Richard Lindsay &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:ric=
hardolindsay@gmail.com">richardolindsay@gmail.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
&gt; Hello friends,<br>
&gt;&nbsp; &nbsp; I made a little progress today on both the TR6 and the Nis=
san pickup. Both are improving in baby steps. Here are those from steps from=
 today.<br>
&gt;&nbsp; &nbsp; The pickup is so easy to repair. This morning I used my pl=
astic upholstery trim tools and removed the bits up the windscreen sides and=
 those at the top of the B pillar. With those out, the old droopy headliner l=
ifted out the driver's door without argument! Easy peasy.<br>
&gt;&nbsp; &nbsp; Tomorrow I will brush away the foam remains of the old hea=
dliner and maybe even attach the new cloth. Pictures to follow if I get that=
 far.<br>
&gt;&nbsp; &nbsp; Also this morning I cemented down the hidden edges of the r=
ear wheel arch upholstery. To fit those pieces over the padded arches, I nee=
ded to secure the hidden edges in order to pull the upholstery snugly over t=
he complex&nbsp; curves of the arches. See attached picture.<br>
&gt;&nbsp; &nbsp; The lower edge of the upholstery will get cemented to the r=
ear deck and hidden by the deck carpet. The sides will receive upholstery ca=
rds hiding the just cemented arch upholstery.<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; <br>
Bill Pugh<br>
1957 TR3 small mouth&nbsp; =E2=80=A6 it runs=E2=80=A6fast.<br>
1970 TR6 Rosey =E2=80=A6 she wins 1st Place over and over.<br>
Life is too short<br>
to drive Boring Cars<br>
: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/6pack/rmcbride@mi.rr.com</span><br><=

--Apple-Mail-81A08764-9A7A-41EE-B0C4-BD043E77602A--